Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Project - 64x64 Monster Trap

So, my current project, started yesterday, is a 64x64 block monster trap - that's 4096 blocks just for the base!


Given that the maximum monster spawn radius, to my knowledge, is 128 blocks from the player, this should cover only a quarter of that area, yet it's still quite massive as you can see in the screenshot below. Progress is slow, but getting there. I've completed the main workings of the trap. Now I just need to roof it in (another 4096 blocks to place!), and make sure the gravity trap is high enough (28 blocks) to kill the monsters.


In the top-left of the shot, you'll see I've created a schematic. Each spawn area is 8x8 (water flows 7 blocks from the source). So I've been able to place water source blocks in all the corners to make sure all water flows to the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment